Re: [hockhist] Renaming Trophies

  • Dr John Serrati
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 1, 2003

      >Is the NHL's award for best plus/minus player an official trophy?

      A quick glance at the 2001 NHL Yearbook (for the 99-00 season) lists the
      Bud Ice Plus Minus Award (won by Pronger) along side all of the regular NHL
      trophies. I have seen such corporate sponsored, and seemingly temporary,
      trophies in other NHL Yearbooks as well. The fact that these Yearbooks are
      NHL publications makes it likely that these trophies, at least for the
      years in which they are around, are in fact recognised as official.

      John

      Dr John Serrati
      School of Classics and Ancient History
      The Queen's University of Belfast
      BT7 1NN

      (44) (0)(28)90 273421
      (44) (0)7966 298212
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 1, 2003
        Naw, just do what I do. Call HNiC "Hockey Night in Toronto."

        > From: "goalie dave" <goaliedave@...>
        > Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:31:17 -0500
        >
        > If we're talking about corporate support, we should then name the Toronto
        > team the "CBC Maple Leafs" :)
        > Dave in Whitby

        Lloyd Davis Publishing Services
        201-488 Danforth Avenue
        Toronto, ON M4K 1P6
        416-465-6999 (tel.) /// 416-462-0326 (fax)
        ldavis2@...