Re: 1970s Russia vs. WHL help needed

  • jobermeyer2 <jobermeyer2@attbi.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2003
      Here's the info that I've been able to confirm on the Russia/Czech
      games in the early 1970's:

      1972-73 Tour - Russia

      12/25/72 vs. Seattle (9-4 Russia)
      12/27/72 vs. Phoenix (5-4 Russia)
      1/3/73 vs. San Diego (won by Russia, don't have score)
      1/6/73 vs. Portland (won by Russia, don't have score)

      1973-74 Tour - Russia

      12/26/73 vs. Phoenix (3-1 Russia)
      1/2/74 vs. Porland
      1/3/74 vs. San Diego
      1/5/74 vs. Seattle (8-4 Seattle)

      1973-74 Tour - Czech Army Team

      12/23/73 vs. Portland (2-2 tie)
      12/25/73 vs. Seattle (6-4 Seattle)
      12/26/73 vs. Denver
      ???????? vs. Spokane (2-2 tie)

      Newspaper and program accounts indicate that the teams were in the US
      to participate in the "World Cup" of amateur hockey, which was being
      played in Bloomington, MN and Colorado Springs.

      The Russian team in 1972-73 included 17 members of the '72 Summit
      Series team.

      If anyone has any additional info on these tours, or any info on
      the "World Cup", please let me know.

      Jeff Obermeyer
      jobermeyer2@...
      http://www.seattlehockey.net