Dirty Hitters

  • RSulli7798@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2002
      Who are some players throughout the history of North America and European
      hockey who are known as "dirty hitters".

      Bryan "leg drag" Marchment or Richard "low bridge" Pilon (thanks Bill) can
      top the list. "dirty hitters" in playoff action have been Claude Lemieux,
      Dale Hunter and Darcy Tucker. That is just a recent list

      Would Darius Kasparaitis be considered a "dirty hiiter"? His hip checks are
      kinda low :(

      Ray Sullivan
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29, 2002
        I'd include him too as a low bridge artist. He seems to go for the knees.

        hockhist-unsubscribe@onelist.com

      • mtlhockey@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 30, 2002
          In a message dated 10/29/2002 6:16:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
          RSulli7798@... writes:

          > Who are some players throughout the history of North America and European
          > hockey who are known as "dirty hitters".

          Lots of these throughout the years. Bobby Clarke, Mark Messier in Edmonton,
          Ken Linseman, even Gordie Howe played the game on the edge..........

          Brian

        • Al Janssen SR.
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 30, 2002
            Oh man you have to add Peter Forsberg
            ever game I watch against him he takes some kind of a cheap shot
            last year against the Red wings the hip check to the knee
            and even last night with the cheap shot to Wes Walz and the elbow to the
            face