RE: [hockhist] Re: Bob Davidson

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1 8:52 AM
      And as I recall Tretiak was getting married the day after they saw him play
      so there was a reason he was not in top form...

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5 8:05 PM
        --- In hockhist@y..., "William Underwood" <wausport@b...> wrote:
        > And as I recall Tretiak was getting married the day after they saw
        him play
        > so there was a reason he was not in top form...

        Very true... Now, I have a question that is not directly related to
        the Bob Davidson biography but to the 1972 Summit scouting report. I
        can understand that the scouts watched Tretiak in a game the next day
        after his wedding attended by half of the Soviet roster, that there
        was a language barrier and lack of info on the players in the pre-
        game programs, etc.

        What I can't grasp is a common sense comparison between the report on
        the team that the scouts saw in Moscow and the same team performance
        at the WCs and Olympics. Did NHL scouts of that time attend the WCs?
        Or, since few believed that Europeans could play in the NHL, they
        mostly focused on local games and teams in North America?

        Just wondering,

        ___ Arthur Chidlovski _____________
        Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the
        1972 USSR vs. Canada Summit Series
        at http://www.chidlovski.com/p1972.htm
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 6 8:49 AM
          Not much. The NHL still had doubts about Europeans.

          hockhist-unsubscribe@onelist.com