Lots of updates @ 1972SummitSeries.com

  • Joe Pelletier
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2002
      There's about 3 months left before the 30th anniversary of the 1972 Summit
      Series, I have been *aggressively* updating 1972summitseries.com in an
      effort to create the Internet's foremost authority on the Series, and
      increasingly on top level international hockey in general. I hope to
      accomplish this by offering overwhelming content.

      New and exciting at http://www.1972summitseries.com -

      * A new front page which will showcase special features, news and
      promotions.

      * 17 new articles including
      * Does Paul Henderson Belong in the Hall of Fame?
      * Should there be more International players in the Hall of Fame?
      * Should there be more Canadians in the IIHF Hall of Fame?
      * Hockey's most symbolically important victory - Czechs vs. USSR, 1969
      * The loophole that almost allowed Bobby Hull to play
      * Did Team Canada really miss the WHA players?

      * Improved biographies, most of which now feature photos of each player,
      plus new "International Biographies" of Vladimir Krutov and Vaclav
      Nedomansky.

      * French and Russian mini-sites available

      If you'd like to submit content, make corrections or comments, or just talk
      about the Series, email me. I'd also like your help in getting the word out
      about the site. If you have a website I'd appreciate a link.

      Joe Pelletier
      http://www.1972summitseries.com