Record Evolutions

  • Ryan Kennedy
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2002
      I was wondering if anyone knew the evolution of Career Penalty Minutes
      Record Holder, Career Games Played Record Holder, Single Season Games
      Played Record Holder. For Goalies: Career Wins Record Holder, Single
      Season Wins Record Holder, Career Losses Record Holder, Single Season
      Losses Record Holder, Career Games Record Holder, Single Season Games
      Record Holder, Career Minutes Record Holder, Single Season Minutes Record
      Holder, Career Shutouts Record Holder, Single Season Shutouts Record
      Holder. If anyone doesn't know what I am talking about, the turn to page
      166 in the NHL Offical Guide & Record Book 2002 or 2001. I have added the
      Single Season Penalty Minutes Record Holder List to show an example.

      Penalty Minutes (Season):
      100-Joe Hall (1917-18 Montreal Canadiens)
      135-Joe Hall (1918-19 Montreal Canadiens)
      165-Eddie Shore (1927-28 Boston)
      167-Red Horner (1935-36 Toronto)
      202-Lou Fontinato (1955-56 New York)
      273-Howie Young (1962-63 Detroit)
      291-Keith Magnuson (1970-71 Chicago)
      348-Dave Schultz (1973-74 Philadelphia)
      472-Dave Schultz (1974-75 Philadelphia)

      Thank You,
      Ryan

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
    • DAVE SOUTTER
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31, 2002
        Ryan:

        By "evolution" I assume you mean "what is the significance of each notation"
        (?). In the season record for penalty minutes for example-- Dave Schultz
        holds the current record for most penalty minutes in a season with 472. He
        set the record in '74-75. The previous notations indicate every time the
        "old" record was broken. Schultz broke his own record from the previous
        season which broke the previous record set by Keith Magnuson, etc., etc.

        However, in most games appeared by a goaltender, it is simply a top 4
        ranking over the history of the NHL. On page 170 of the 2001 edition of the
        NHLOGRB, Sawchuck holds the record with 971 games, followed by by Hall,
        Esposito and Fuhr.

        Does this answer your question?

        --Dave Soutter
      • Ryan Kennedy
        Message 3 of 4 , May 31, 2002
          In the 2001 NHLOGRB the page I am talking about is 158. Dave, what i
          meant by "evolution" is the history of record holders of one category
          prior to the current record holder. For example, who used to own the
          record games played by goalies before Terry Sawchuk and who has held
          record in the past and what year it was broken in. I am doing a project
          on former record holders in all the four sports. I am covered on
          baseball. If anybody knows some good sites about this subject, then let
          me know.
          Thanks,
          Ryan

          On Fri, 31 May 2002 08:19:44 -0600 "DAVE SOUTTER"
          <dsoutter@...> writes:
          > Ryan:
          >
          > By "evolution" I assume you mean "what is the significance of each
          > notation"
          > (?). In the season record for penalty minutes for example-- Dave
          > Schultz
          > holds the current record for most penalty minutes in a season with
          > 472. He
          > set the record in '74-75. The previous notations indicate every time
          > the
          > "old" record was broken. Schultz broke his own record from the
          > previous
          > season which broke the previous record set by Keith Magnuson, etc.,
          > etc.
          >
          > However, in most games appeared by a goaltender, it is simply a top
          > 4
          > ranking over the history of the NHL. On page 170 of the 2001
          > edition of the
          > NHLOGRB, Sawchuck holds the record with 971 games, followed by by
          > Hall,
          > Esposito and Fuhr.
          >
          > Does this answer your question?
          >
          > --Dave Soutter

          GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
          http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
        • arch4web
          Message 4 of 4 , May 31, 2002
            --- In hockhist@y..., Ryan Kennedy <rhk8@j...> wrote:
            > If anybody knows some good sites about this subject, then let

            hi ryan:

            i bet there are many sites about hockey records. here is the url that
            has great info on the nhl records in various categories:

            http://www.rauzulusstreet.com/hockey/NHL/Records/individual.html

            hope this helps,

            .:: arthur chidlovski ::.
            celebrating the 30th anniversary