Hossa song - not a very acemdemic ?

  • Nicole Wegrzyn
    Message 1 of 7 , May 3, 2002
      During game 4 of the Sens - Flyers series when Hossa scored a goal they
      played a song which my boyfriend and I refer to as the Hossa song (it sounds
      like that's what they're saying) Can anyone tell me if this is indeed what
      they are saying and the name of the song and the band.

      Thanks,
      Nikki

    • James Milks
      Message 2 of 7 , May 3, 2002
        The song is "I'm 18" or just "18". It was originally performed by Alice
        Cooper in the 70's. There was however a good cover version of it in the 80s
        by the heavy metal band Anthrax, It has probably been done by others as
        well. (Possibly Skid Row, who's lead singer, Sebastian Bach (stage name),
        is the older brother of goaltender Sean Burke)

        James

        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2002
          Just a correction here...

          (Possibly Skid Row, who's lead singer, Sebastian Bach (stage name),
          >is the older brother of goaltender Sean Burke)

          If I am not wrong, I believe Sabastian Bach is the older brother of Tampa
          Bay prospect/farmhand Zak Bierk, not Sean Burke. Their sister did something
          interesting too, but I can't recall off the top of my head.

          Joe Pelletier
          http://www.1972summitseries.com

        • Jill
          Message 4 of 7 , May 3, 2002
            If I am not wrong, I believe Sabastian Bach is the older brother of Tampa
            Bay prospect/farmhand Zak Bierk, not Sean Burke. Their sister did something
            interesting too, but I can't recall off the top of my head.
            **************************************

            http://www.angelfire.com/sk/echlgoalies/articles/bierk_keeps_it_simple.html

            "To say the creativity gene is dominant in Augusta Lynx goalie Zac Bierk's family would be an understatement.

            His father, artist David Bierk, garners worldwide acclaim for his paintings. His sister, Heather Dylan Bierk, is a successful model who now stars on TV's Beastmaster. His brother, Sebastian Bach, fronted popular 1990s heavy metal band Skid Row and now is starring on Broadway in The Rocky Horror Picture Show. "

            Jill

            selkie@...
          • James Milks
            Message 5 of 7 , May 3, 2002
              Ooops. Yes, you are all correct on the Bierk / Burke thingy. Guess I need to
              brush up on my cheesy speed metal.

              James

              hockhist-unsubscribe@onelist.com

            • mtlhockey@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , May 3, 2002
                jamesm@... writes:

                << (Possibly Skid Row, who's lead singer, Sebastian Bach (stage name),
                is the older brother of goaltender Sean Burke)

                Actually his brother is Zak Bierk who used to play for Tampa not Sean Burke.

                Brian
              • James Milks
                Message 7 of 7 , May 3, 2002
                  One of the downsides to these lists...100 answers for the weird stuff.

                  Thanks all,