Help! 70s Montreal @ Detroit Game?

  • dragonres@xxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 1999
      Hi All!

      I recently came into possession of a ticket stub from a game at the old
      Olympia Stadium between Montreal and Detroit. It's for game 10 and cost
      $7 for Sec.18, Row A, Seat 5. However, the ticket is torn halfway
      through where the date of the game is, so I'm not sure when this game
      took place. What I can see of the date is that it was on a Sunday in
      November 2?, 197?. By looking at calendars and what NHL, Detroit, and
      Montreal skeds I have, I've narrowed it down to one of four possible
      dates: 11/22/70, 11/29/70, 11/21/71, 11/28/71. Of course, that's
      assuming that they didn't change the schedules on me. Can anyone help me
      out with which one of these dates the game was played, or have a
      suggestion about where I could find this information?

      Thanks & Regards, Roger
    • Marc Foster
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 1999
        dragonres@... wrote:

        > From: dragonres@...
        >
        > Hi All!
        >
        > I recently came into possession of a ticket stub from a game at the old
        > Olympia Stadium between Montreal and Detroit. It's for game 10 and cost
        > $7 for Sec.18, Row A, Seat 5. However, the ticket is torn halfway
        > through where the date of the game is, so I'm not sure when this game
        > took place. What I can see of the date is that it was on a Sunday in
        > November 2?, 197?. By looking at calendars and what NHL, Detroit, and
        > Montreal skeds I have, I've narrowed it down to one of four possible
        > dates: 11/22/70, 11/29/70, 11/21/71, 11/28/71. Of course, that's
        > assuming that they didn't change the schedules on me. Can anyone help me
        > out with which one of these dates the game was played, or have a
        > suggestion about where I could find this information?

        My first thought would be to go to a good library and pull up the NY
        Times on microfilm... Since you've got four dates to work with looking
        it up would be a snap. If you don't have NY Times access but are in
        a city that had an NHL team back then, you should probably be able to
        hunt it down in that paper too. I'd do it myself but probably won't make
        a trip to my library for a couple of weeks...

        Marc

        * Marc Foster mfoster@... *
        * Hook Echo Storm Chasing http://www.hookecho.com *
        * Hockey Research Association http://www.hockeyresearch.com *