Re: Re: Help!

  • ripsnort@hockeymail.com
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 31, 1999
      I just wanted to thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it! Now, if I could just sort out all this information.......

      Anywho, in regards to the question about concussions....when I started this project, I already decided I wasn't going to list players with common injuries, such as concussions, knee injuries, hip injuries, etc. If I listed those, I'd never get the page done!

      I came up with the idea for this project after the Steve Chiasson accident. After it happened, I began thinking, "You know, in a couple years, people will say, 'Steve who?' and nobody will remember who he was." Believe it or not, there are people who don't remember who Pelle Lindbergh was. Anywho, I didn't want players like Steve Chiasson to be forgotten, so I decided to create a memorial so people will remember them and remember what they gave to the game of hockey. I hope you all will come visit my page when it's completed. Not only will my page have a list of players whose careers and/or lives have been cut tragically short, it will also feature short biographies of each player on the list. Thank you all very much for assisting my goal(pardon the hockey pun there).
      --Lindsay "The Falcon" Porter "It's okay, Officer. I'm a goaltender." ***Lincoln, NE....Home of the USHL's Lincoln Stars!!*** (ripsnort@...)AOL screenname: FalconMIB Yahoo! ID: CarmanRacer Come visit The Falcon's Virtual Crease! http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/thefalconsvirtualcrease
      Get free personalized email from the NHL at http://www.nhlmail.com
    • Martin
      Message 2 of 27 , Aug 1, 1999
        I just remember someone. Even though he never played in the NHL, you
        should mention David-Alexandre Beauregard. He was a prospect for the
        Sharks and lost an eye in junior. He continued to play junior and even
        played sone AHL games I think but a rule in the NHL that states that you
        can't play with one eye so he was forced to quit his dream.

        Martin

        http://goaliesarchive.homepage.com
      • Bill Underwood
        Message 3 of 27 , Aug 1, 1999
          Good to see more ladies on board! No red blooded boy can dislike that! A good fan is a good fan! We need more of both (ladies and good fans) in hockey!

          Bill

        • ripsnort@hockeymail.com
          Message 4 of 27 , Aug 1, 1999
            Thanks, Bill!! It's good to see people who appreciate female hockey fans. Believe it or not, there are still people who think women shouldn't play hockey. One guy even said to me once, "The only reason women watch hockey is because they like to look at the players' butts." Well, that guy wound up looking at the butt-end of a goal stick....

          • PKajca@aol.com
            Message 5 of 27 , Aug 2, 1999
              mpoitras@... writes:

              <<
              I just remember someone. Even though he never played in the NHL, you
              should mention David-Alexandre Beauregard. He was a prospect for the
              Sharks and lost an eye in junior. >>
              Shouldn't you also add Kevin Smyth who played for the Whalers. He also lost
              and eye. Played for Orlando, Tacoma, etc., and retired after this season.

              Phill