Re: Any lawyers here?

  • francz
    Message 1 of 45 , Aug 1, 2001
      --- Ralph Slate <slater@...> wrote:
      > I'm currently involved in a legal issue which could
      > ultimately threaten hockeydb.com....

      Ralph, I'd be happy to post a page with Johnny Liar's
      stats on my webspace. In place of stats on his sheet
      on hockeydb.com, you could put a link to the page on
      my webspace.

      Or I would be happy to write a letter to the editor of
      The Hockey News and ask, Dear Sir, I am a big fan of
      Johnny Liar, could you please print his career
      statistics. The we could fax them to every minor pro
      and European team.

      I think he's bluffing and hoping the cross-border
      thing dissuades you. But hey, I'm not a lawyer.

      Rob Swiniarski

      Beaver Falls, BC
      francz39@...

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
    • Jonathan Kinney - Puckjunkie
      Message 45 of 45 , Aug 5, 2001
        As an ironic twist, if he was to "bring the game in the UK into
        disrepute" couldn't they turn around and sue him? Just musing out loud.
        :-)

        ---

        For every problem, there is an answer that is simple, straightforward...
        and wrong. H.L. Mencken