RE: [hockhist] Dominance!

  • Mike Ewer - European Hockey.Net
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2001
      Sorry to have jumped to the wrong conclusion, for someone with such a good
      Eurohockey background, it is wise not to use words that those less blessed
      would take as being fact. Let's make a deal, if you choose your words better
      in the future, I'll not jump down anyone's throat, OK? ;o)

      Maybe we'll meet at a game in Ljubljana or Jesenice one day, and drink a
      PIVO together...

      Your account of the announcer's one word less in his job description gave me
      chills... it's certainly something unique to at least West-Central Europe, I
      experienced such goal celebrations in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and
      Slovenia at least. I was at the Tivoli for Slovenia v GB in 98, Pool B
      action, and the home fans were fantastic!

      Not only do the announcers say less for goals, but some also do the team
      introductions on a first name basis! I stood in the Mangfall-Kurve at
      Rosenheim for a couple of years, where every last team member (not just the
      starting line-up) was introduced with the last name chanted by every last
      standing room fan. Not just the top scorers, but the 4th liners too.

      THAT is the feeling that I wish my site to capture. It's not there yet, but
      it will come.

      Mike Ewer
      Co-Owner European Hockey.Net
      www.eurohockey.net