For all those of Greek heritage...

  • Mike Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2001
      ...or hockey fans in general:

      This is from www.icehockey.gr

      The dream to make Greek Hockey big in the International Hockey scene is coming to an end. The players and the coaching staff who have tried so hard and sacrificed so much, the past 12 years, to make this dream possible are calling it quits. If there is no change by the end of next season, then it's all over.
      Unfortunately the Greek Undersecretary of State for Sports and the Hellenic Ice Sports Federation are unwilling to help the sport survive. I guess they have better things to do.

      We'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that helped us out in the past. At least we have a bronze medal from the 1992 World Championships Pool C to prove that Hockey existed in Greece....

      If anyone out there can help us in any way, please contact gricehockey@....

      SAVE THE SPORT OF HOCKEY IN GREECE

      Mike Thompson