Re: [hockhist] Re: NHL Fight Songs?

  • David Stewart-Candy
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 30, 2001
      > "Canucks, We're With You" (Vancouver, terrbily
      > sappy,
      > 1975)(I still have a 45 copy)
      > "Fight For The Blue-Green-and-White (Vancouver, ca.
      > 1971, even more obscure, probably forgotten even by
      > Jim Robson and Don Taylor)

      Joe Pelletier - you being the Nucks fan and all, when
      you're in town this month and staying up near UBC, you
      may want to check out Carson Books on Broadway near
      Alma.

      They're a used book store that also sells records. The
      last time I was there, they had for sale a copy of a
      'Vancouver Canucks record' - don't ask me what it
      contained - for sale. Judging from the green and blue
      jerseys, whatever it is, it's gotta be old.

      D!

      =====
      David Stewart-Candy
      International Ice Hockey Almanac
      Canadian Lacrosse Almanac
      Vancouver, British Columbia

    • Joe Pelletier
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 30, 2001
        Thanks David, although I will only be staying at the airport. I'm
        only in town for a 10 hour overnight layover and my brother just moved
        out of UBC. Besides, I don't even know how to use a record, never mind
        have a record player!

        Speaking of fight songs, David and other Canuck fans might remember
        the Gino (Odjick) song. I barely remember it, and I'm hoping someone
        has the lyrics. I can't find it on Napster.

        Something like Gino Gino Gino is his name
        Gino, Gino, fighting is his game.

        Joe - who marks out every time he thinks of Gino scoring on a penalty shot!
      • Morey Holzman
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2001
          When the DUcks came into the league, they had a pretty good fight
          song. Titled "The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim," it was a pretty good
          rock anthem that kind of fell by the wayside. Must have been the
          originality in the title.

          Morey