Re: [hockhist] 50 goal scoring defenseman

  • mandb191@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2 12:40 PM
    • mandb191@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2 12:46 PM
        Joe,
        TH is incorrect. I will quote from ' The Ice Hockey Annual 1989-90' ,
        published here for the last 26 years by Stewart Roberts. On page 129 under
        the heading of English League First Division - is stated ' Birmingham Eagles
        hit the headlines at the start of the season by signing veteran NLer, Larry
        Sacharuk. But he had to leave when rink owners Mecca failed to come up with
        enough funds to pay his salary.'

        I researched and supplied the pre WW2 British stats to TH but not the post
        WW2
        details. I am unsure who did but they were wrong in this instance.

        Martin