Re: [hockhist] Re: Maurice Richard info request

  • Rockstar
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2001
      Morey,

      Thanks. Maurice Richard had suffered many ankle and wrist breaks even
      before he joined Montreal. Many questioned the fact that he would be able
      to play in the NHL because of his weak bones.

      I guess he proved a bunch of people wrong.

      Again, thanks for the information.

      Keith

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2001
        > Keith, who wishes he had the Hockey News microfische
        > right about now...

        I don't think it would help you too much, as did not
        THN start until ca.1947?

        D!

        =====
        David Stewart-Candy
        International Ice Hockey Almanac
        Canadian Lacrosse Almanac
        Vancouver, British Columbia

      • Rockstar
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2001
          David,

          I should have been more clear - I am doing preliminary research on a book
          regarding Utica's Hockey History and would have loved the fische for
          standings, statistics, etc. :)

          Keith

          > > Keith, who wishes he had the Hockey News microfische
          > > right about now...
          >
          > I don't think it would help you too much, as did not
          > THN start until ca.1947?
          >
          > D!
        • Dan Parsons
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2001
            Didn't The Hockey News first publish in 1946?

            Dan

            --- In hockhist@y..., "Rockstar" <rockstar@b...> wrote:
            > Maurice Richard played his first NHL game on 10/31/42.
            >
            > Keith, who wishes he had the Hockey News microfische right about
            now...
            > Keith@H...

          • David Stewart-Candy
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2001
              Ah, okay! From the post, I thought you were looking
              for something in the early 1940s (and before the THN).

              D!

              =====