RE: [hockhist] Re: Draft Pick Signed After Nine Month Holdout

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 28, 2001
      Clever name...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: mfoster@... [mailto:mfoster@...]
      Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 12:16 AM
      To: hockhist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [hockhist] Re: Draft Pick Signed After Nine Month Holdout

      --- In hockhist@y..., "William Underwood" <wausport@b...> wrote:
      > Same here! Better start looking for girl's teams down there...

      You mean like the Texas HERricanes? Got it covered...

      Marc

      This has been a Hockey History List mailing
      The Official mailing list of the Hockey Research Association (HRA)
      <A HREF=http://www.hockeyresearch.com/>Our Homepage</A>
      To unsubscribe from this mail list, send a blank message
      to hockhist-unsubscribe@onelist.com

    • Rockstar
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2001
        Congrats Marc. I expect to be signing a new player in mid-April!

        Keith
      • ikurtzberg@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2001
          Congratulations...that was a great article...never heard an announcement
          quite like it....Glad to here everything and everybody is well....Hope you
          get at least some sleep in the next few months :-)

          Brad

        • Marc Foster
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 1, 2001
            on 3/1/01 8:26 AM, ikurtzberg@... at ikurtzberg@... wrote:

            > Congratulations...that was a great article...never heard an announcement
            > quite like it....Glad to here everything and everybody is well....Hope you
            > get at least some sleep in the next few months :-)

            If you go back in the archives to late July - early August 1999, you'll see
            the press release I did on MacArthur. James Karkoski even provided a report
            from the Central Scouting Bureau.

            Marc
          • GEORGE LLOYD
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 1, 2001
              I 've just heard that when the leagues merge they will
              be called the Central Professional Hockey League. Any
              one else heard this?

              Ralph this may be the answer to your stats question.
              It's a new league name so new stats.

              George

              http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
            • Mike Thompson
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 1, 2001
                > I've just heard that when the leagues merge they will
                > be called the Central Professional Hockey League. Any
                > one else heard this?
                >
                > Ralph this may be the answer to your stats question.
                > It's a new league name so new stats.
                >
                > George

                There is an article using this league name on www.faceoff.com

                Mike Thompson
              • Bob McDonald
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 1, 2001
                  Doesn't anyone give birth to defensemen?
                  Congratulatios.

                  Bob

                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 1, 2001
                    on 3/1/01 2:01 PM, Bob McDonald at bobmcdonalds@... wrote:

                    > Doesn't anyone give birth to defensemen?
                    > Congratulatios.

                    I'm still holding out on Mac, but I wasn't joking about his faceoffs. He
                    really does take a mini-stick, hold it the right way, and sweep it like
                    it was a faceoff. He's still using a ball instead of a puck though.

                    I can tell you right now though... neither of this kids is going to be a
                    goalie... :)

                    Marc
                  • Bob McDonald
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 1, 2001