Re: Beauce

  • Benoit Gagnon
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 12, 1999
      Marc Foster wrote:

      > From: "Marc Foster" <mdfoster@...>
      >
      > >From: "Ralph Slate" <slater@...>
      >
      > >Does anyone know where the Beauce Jaros of the NAHL played? I don't
      > >think that Beauce is the actual name of the town, I think it refers
      > >to a region. I know the rink name was the Palias de Sports, but I'm
      > >just not sure of the town.
      >
      > If you look at a map of Quebec, about an hour southeast of Quebec
      > City on HWY 73 one runs across a series of towns with Beauce in
      > the placename. There's St.-Joesph-de-Beauce, then Beauceville,
      > then finally, St.-Georges, which has Beauce listed in parenthesis
      > beneath it. My guess is the Jaros played along in here somewhere.
      >
      > Marc - stand back, I got a geography degree and I ain't afraid to
      > use it... :)

      Hi everyone,
      i'm on the list from few days, but it's my first post.

      So, for answering your question, the Jaros played in Palais des Sports at
      St.-Georges-de-Beauce.

      I'm working actually working on a tribute website for them.
      (http://www3.sympatico.ca/h.gagnon/BeauceJaros/index.htm)

      Benoit Gagnon
    • Marc Foster
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 23, 1999
        >>Marc - stand back, I got a geography degree and I ain't afraid to
        >> use it... :)

        >From: James Karkoski <austin@...>

        >Your degree has served you well. Having the 75-76 NAHL Media Guide I
        >can tell you that the mailing address of the team was indeed St.
        >Georges de Beauce.

        Based on some limited data, I'd venture the area had a population
        of maybe 50,000. I don't have a lot of confidence in that figure
        though, since Canada's system isn't quite like the U.S....

        Gimme a laptop hooked up to a decent GPS system and I'm one of the
        best navigators a storm-chase team could have.

        Marc - who's never guided a chase team directly into a tornado's
        path... well, almost never

        |Marc Foster mdfoster@...|
        | |
        |President - Hockey Research Association +--------------+