Scouts trip to Japan in 1976.

  • Houda
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 1999
      (Mark wrote)
      >Does anyone have a date for this game? Durbano came to the Scouts
      >in the middle of the 1975-76 season, and the Scouts moved to Denver
      >that summer. Did they go to Japan after the season was over? I
      >find this odd considering the team was seriously in the red by that
      >time (unless the league paid for the trip).

      ---> Marc,I don't have the exact date in front of me but I know that the Scouts
      and the Capitals went to Japan after the 1975-76 season. (as you suspected)
      They played four games against each other.
      Washington won the first two games in Sapporo 5-2 and 6-2.
      The final two games were played in Tokyo.
      Washington won the first one there 6-2 and Kansas won the last one 4-2.

      Pat
    • Marc Foster
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 23, 1999
        >From: "Houda" <patrick.houda@...>

        >---> Marc,I don't have the exact date in front of me but I know that
        >the Scouts and the Capitals went to Japan after the 1975-76 season.
        >(as you suspected) They played four games against each other.
        >Washington won the first two games in Sapporo 5-2 and 6-2. The final
        >two games were played in Tokyo. Washington won the first one there
        >6-2 and Kansas won the last one 4-2.

        Guess it's time to go through the season on microfilm... not sure
        what all I'll come up with from the Oklahoma City paper... wish I
        had better access to the Kansas City Star & Times...

        Marc

        |Marc Foster mdfoster@...|
        | |
        |President - Hockey Research Association +--------------+