Re: [hockhist] Keeping Total Hockey

  • Mike Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2001
      > YES!
      >
      > Keep all editions, without question. I sit with five of the six editions
      of
      > Total Baseball behind me and both editions of Total Hockey in front of me.
      > (I regret not buying TB2 in paper, I did get it in CD form but it is not
      the
      > same. I am still looking for it with a nice dust jacket.)
      >
      > Each edition will be different and you will one day want to back to
      previous
      > editions.
      >
      > Also, it just looks cool to have a complete run of any set.
      >

      > John Matthew IV

      Well, space becomes an issue after a while (at least to Betsy, my
      girlfriend). I have every Bill James book, almost every Baseball America
      publication, most of the "Total" books, football, baseball & hockey annuals
      going back 20 years, biographies, media guides, etc. plus motorsports,
      soccer & wrestling (oh, shut up!).

      In fact, I ran out of shelf space a while ago and gave away some stuff to
      people on this list.

      I guess the question should be "What is in the first edition that is not in
      the second edition, and is worthwhile keeping?"

      Mike Thompson