Re: [hockhist] The Invisible Minority - Hershey

  • bearcats
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2001
      I don't under stand how someone can read "homosexual innuendoes" out of the
      Hershey Bears. The city is named after a well-respected businessman. Please,
      take some time to learn about him and the city.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2001
        > I don't under stand how someone can read "homosexual
        > innuendoes" out of the
        > Hershey Bears.

        No, what he may have meant is that "Hershey Bears" may
        have a different meaning (and nothing to do with
        hockey) in "gay-slag".

        Likewise, my English cousin got a laugh here while
        visiting in Canada whenever he saw manly man Coors
        Beer adverts with their "Silver Bullet" motto...

        D!

        =====
        David Stewart-Candy
        International Ice Hockey Almanac
        Canadian Lacrosse Almanac
        Vancouver, British Columbia

      • Frank TEX Liebmann
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2001
          > I don't under stand how someone can read "homosexual innuendoes" out of
          the
          > Hershey Bears. The city is named after a well-respected businessman.
          Please,
          > take some time to learn about him and the city.

          I have suspended three list members for wanting to continue this thread.
          Please, drop it.

          Frank