Re: State of the NHL

  • Frank TEX Liebmann
    Message 1 of 44 , Jun 22 5:12 PM
      Alone Wolf wrote:

      > From: Alone Wolf <dropem27@...>
      >
      > >From: Frank TEX Liebmann <liebmann@...>
      >
      > <<The thing that amazes me is not the number of Europeans in the game today,
      > but the number of US players. How many folks on the Stars were from the US
      > this year?>>
      >
      > Just out of curiousity, where to do you class Brett Hull?????

      1/2 US, 1/2 Cnadian. He has duel citizenship, just like Deadmarsh. I can't remember the story in
      his case, but Deadmarsh was rejected by the Canadians, so he played for the US. (even Don Cherry
      was married to an American) Hull was born in Ontario, but he came up through the NCAA.

      Frank
    • Jill Gillham
      Message 44 of 44 , Jun 23 8:32 PM
        On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Kenneth R. Holdren wrote:

        > At about the same time as Karmonos buying the AHL rights to Greensboro,
        > a deal was announced for next season with Carolina and the IHL
        > Cincinnati Cyclones for, I believe, three seasons.
        >
        > Another NHL team announced an affliation deal with another IHL team the
        > same week, I forget who.

        Ottawa signed a deal with the Grand Rapids Griffins not too long ago.
        There was some speculation on the ECHL list that one of the reasons why
        the Sens signed one season wondergoalie Patrick LaLime recently was
        because he had been a favorite with the Griffins during an independant
        tour of duty there.

        Jill
        jgillham@...
        http://members.aol.com/ferndock2