A question about qusetions

  • William Hudson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 1999
      Hi all,
      I spent the evening watching the Turner Cup final game on tv tonight
      with an active IHL player. He will probably be leaving town before the
      start of next season to join another IHL team He was a member of the
      QMJHL's Hull Olympiques during the time Wayne Gretzky was an owner & I
      was wondering if anyone had any questions that they would like to ask of
      him before he took off ?

      Bill
    • Frank TEX Liebmann
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 1999
        My guess is you're talking about Guy Dupuis.

        A few questions.

        What rumors are you hearing about teams folding for next year, league jumping and dormant teams
        waking up?

        How is the IHL going to remain the premier league with the salary cap? They tried to compete with
        the NHL in big time markets (Ufer); now they're reeling trying to control costs to save teams
        (Moss). In my opinion, with so many vets going to play in Europe, the talent pool may dry up, and
        the IHL could end up competeing with some of the lower leagues for players.

        Does the IHL stand a chance trying to compete with the AHL to be a developmental league? (Moss
        has made trying to get NHL affiliations one of his priorities.)

        Compare the talent coming out of the NCAA, OHL, QMJHL and WHL. Which league is developing better
        players? Is there any leagues which produce better players by specific position? (I would think
        QMJHL->Goalies) I noticed most of the Komets were WHL products. There were a good number of
        NCAAers.

        What do you think of Utah's "E" Center? New Grizzlies coach Bob Bourne says he wants size. Will
        you play here next year? (any rumors, ect.)

        How do Arcadians and Quebecois get along in the QMJHL?

        What is you favorite NHL team? Who do you think will win the Cup?

        Frank

        William Hudson wrote:

        > From: William Hudson <raven39@...>
        >
        > Hi all,
        > I spent the evening watching the Turner Cup final game on tv tonight
        > with an active IHL player. He will probably be leaving town before the
        > start of next season to join another IHL team He was a member of the
        > QMJHL's Hull Olympiques during the time Wayne Gretzky was an owner & I
        > was wondering if anyone had any questions that they would like to ask of
        > him before he took off ?
        >
        > Bill

      • William Hudson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5, 1999
          Looks like I'll be taking my tape recorder , :-)
          But there are a lot of good questions you brought up that I'd love to
          hear his reply to as well and it'll be my pleasure.
          Guy's a very nice guy and I'm sure will answer them all without any
          problems.

          Bill

        • Frank TEX Liebmann
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 5, 1999
            Good. I don't want for him to jeopardize any future playing opportunities in the "I", but I would
            like to hear a players perspective on some of these.

            Frank