A Quebec senior? league

  • Ralph Slate
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2000
      I recently picked up some hockey cards from Quebec. For those of
      you familiar with older cards, these resemble the "Juniors Blue
      Tint" set that is listed in Beckett.

      There are 4 teams listed on the back -- Matane, Rimouski, Riviere-
      du-Loup, and Mont-Joli. The players birthdates range from 1921 to
      1933, which leads me to believe that these are senior players. I
      believe the set is from 1953-54 -- I have a complete checklist of the
      set from Charleton, but they call it a 52-53 set, and some of these
      players played with other teams in the QSHL in 52-53, so I think the
      year is printed wrong.

      Is anyone aware of a senior league operating in those cities during
      that period?

      I noticed that a couple of the players played with the Milwaukee
      Chiefs in 1953-54 -- but not for a complete season. There are at
      least 3 of them.

      Anyone?

      Ralph