RE: [hockhist] WPHL-CHL

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2000
      Not yet. But the WPHL has some nice NHL connections
      as a number of Dallas Star and ex Star people are involved in the Ft Worth
      ownership and the Stars take interest inthe league.

      Honeslty at the below AHL/IHL level, the real issue is yopur relationship
      with the AHL/IHL which both of theese leagues have on cordial terms. If the
      NHL is sending anybody excpet a goalie below the AAA level, there usually is
      not only a darn good reason but release papers in the works! It's the
      borderline AHL/IHL free agent types that are usually the most solid
      citizens! Simply put, in the world of todays 30 team NHL and proportionally
      bloated AAA leagues, if you can't cut it quick as a skater in one of them,
      you probably won't! And while it isn't the case with all NHL properties at
      that level, many have the "I'm too good to be here attitude" that a club can
      do without!

    • Darby31897@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 28, 2000
        do any WPHL or CHL teams have NHL affiliations?

        Darby Sagala
      • S.D. Rhodes
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 29, 2000
          >do any WPHL or CHL teams have NHL affiliations?

          No. As of this time, the only minor leagues with any teams possessing
          NHL affiliations are the AHL, IHL, ECHL, and UHL.

          ---
          "Fear prophets ... and those prepared to die for the
          truth, for as a rule they make many others die with
          them, often before them, at times instead of them."
          -Umberto Eco
        • Dylan Sides
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1 5:27 AM
            William Underwood wrote:

            > Not yet. But the WPHL has some nice NHL connections
            > as a number of Dallas Star and ex Star people are involved in the Ft Worth
            > ownership and the Stars take interest inthe league.
            >
            > Honeslty at the below AHL/IHL level, the real issue is yopur relationship
            > with the AHL/IHL which both of theese leagues have on cordial terms.

            For example--the WPHL Austin Ice Bats are affiliated with the IHL Houston Aeros.

            Dylan