Re: [hockhist] Air Canada Cup

  • Frank TEX Liebmann
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30, 2000
      > Absolutely no one outside of Canada knows why I use that tag.

      No.

      A lot of hockey fans in the US have a C Band dish and watch Hockey Night in
      Canada. It's much better coverage than ESPN and it's free.

      I am Tex, AND I AM A TEXAN!

      > Really, I'm just one very proud Canadian and am willing to
      > "yell" that out to everyone. I think more Canadians should
      > be like that.
      >
      > Oh, and its pronouced ZED, not Zee, ZED.
      >
      > I am Joe, AND I AM CANADIAN!
      > Hockey Over Time
      > http://www.lcshockey.com/history

    • Erik
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2000
        > From: "Frank TEX Liebmann" <liebmann@...>
        >
        > > Absolutely no one outside of Canada knows why I use that tag.
        >
        > No.
        >
        > A lot of hockey fans in the US have a C Band dish and watch Hockey Night
        in
        > Canada. It's much better coverage than ESPN and it's free

        Or you could go to http://www.adcritic.com/content/molson-canadian-i-am.html
        and see the commercial

        Erik Johnson
      • J. Gamez
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2000
          >> > Absolutely no one outside of Canada knows why I use that tag.

          Whay are Canadians so touchy about nationalism? I was in the Sacramento
          airport and I was wearing a long sleeve button down shirt with most of it
          composed of red and white stripes and one sleeve was blue with white stars
          all over it. As i was waiting to board my plane some guy (presumably
          Canadian) walked up to me. He was wearing a white windbreaker with huge red
          maple leaves (or is it "leafs" up there?) on the back, front and, sleeves,
          and said proudly, "See, I am patriotic too!" He then walked off in a huff.
          What was that all about?