54590Brooklyn (New York) Americans

  • stevenmcohen
    Jul 15, 2014
      ‎In anticipation of the Islanders moving 25 miles west -- fulfilling the vision of Red Dutton to ‎bring the NHL to Brooklyn, I am working with the Brooklyn Historical Society to stage an exhibit recounting the history of hockey in Brooklyn and NYC. The focus will primarily be on New York / Brooklyn Americans but we hope to feature other aspects of the game as it developed in New York. I'm looking for anyone who might be willing to provide assistance. We are especially looking for individuals with first hand knowledge (presumably as fans) of the Americans. And while I realize that population is unfortunately decreasing, now is the time to get their reflections. To the extent anyone has already collected reminiscences, assistance would be greatly appreciated. Also, anyone who might be willing to loan memorabilia to the Brooklyn Historical Society, that would be a great help too. Thanks.

      Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.