52623Re:NHL Doesn't Trust Jim Balsillie

    Aug 1, 2009
      Note, when I say that the goal is 50 % capacity I don't mean in a really
      small building! :-) And before one brings up the KHL.European hockey has
      entirely different standards as their financial structure and tax laws
      differ.a notable example being rugby in Italy. There is a lot of money in
      Italian rugby, enough so that they made many of the Wallaby players form
      Australia such highly paid schmamateurs in the early 90's that they could
      not afford go pro in rugby league! Now those teams drew small crowds But the
      Italian government gave SERIOUS tax right offs for sports sponsorship.