52600Re: Boston Bruins outcoached?

  • northernale18
    Jul 7, 2009
      --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <bflynn3@...> wrote:

      > Tonight while driving home I heard former player agent and Maple Leaf
      official Bill Watters state that the Boston Bruins of the late 60's
      early 70's should have been a dynasty and won 4-5 Stanley Cups with the
      talent that they had. He also claimed that in their losses to Montreal
      in 1969 and 1971 as well as Philly in 1974 they were outcoached and
      placed the blame for those losses on Harry Sinden, Tom Johnson and Bep
      Guidlon. He also said the same about the Don Cherry era Bruins in so far
      as their loss in 1979 to Montreal.

      > I agree that with the talent on the Bruins in the early 70's they
      should have been more successful - but outcoached? Hmm not sure. Any
      thoughts?