52226Re: [hockhist] Re: Joe Daley, Penguins 1967-68

  • Karkoski James
    Nov 5, 2008
      I started this thing about Daley with Pittsburgh in 67-68 when I
      noticed in the Mar. 16, 1968 issue of the The Hockey News (page 24)
      that a story by Lou Prato said that he played in the Mar. 2nd game
      against Oakland after Binkley got injured and that the summaries in
      the Mar.9 issue not only had Binkley in the lineup it also had his
      name in the shots on goal totals.

      Stu McMurray later sent me this information on the situation after he
      had the opportunity to look at the official game sheets in the NHL
      offices. I'll copy what he e-mailed me:

      According to the official sheets, Daley did not dress for the March
      2/68 game. Bassen was the back up and Binkley played.

      Daley dressed but did not play in the following games of the 1967-68
      season:

      March 6/68 at STL
      March 7/68 at MIN
      March 9/68 vs LAK
      March 13/68 at CHI

      Which answered any questions I had about Daley in this game.

      James