49107Re: Jacques Demers

  • J.P. Martel
    Nov 3, 2005
      > --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, PCMP <purplecactusmedia@y...> wrote:
      >
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I anyone has the English version of this book, I would
      > love to see the pages on Demers' time in the WHA --
      > especially his days in Indianapolis. Any and all
      > healpis appreciated!

      The English version will be released mid-February.

      For those who haven't heard, Demers confesses that, to this day,
      he can barely read or write. He's learned to lie to hide the fact,
      and apparently no one close to him has ever found out, except
      the woman who shares his life (and even she didn't find out for
      a while).

      Québec literacy group are thrilled that someone as well-known
      and respected as Demers has come out and admitted this. It
      should help dispel the myth that illeteracy is linked to the
      lack of intelligence.

      J.-Patrice
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic