48933Re: Yvon Lambert question

  • a79krgm
    Oct 2, 2005
      Thanks, ... so it seems like Detroit never gave him a chance in their
      organization as he never did play a game for them or the Fort Worth
      Wings. Perhaps this was indicative of the downfall of that franchise
      in the 70's?

      On the other hand, the Habs sure got a lot of mileage out of him. What
      team wouldn't want a big fiery French-Canadian who could get you a
      consistent 20+ goals a season?

      --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, "William Underwood" <wausport@b...>
      wrote:
      > HE was Detroit property and until the early/mid 70's the NHL had a
      > reverse draft where they had to submit a list of players who could then
      > be selected by minor pro clubs. It was a vestige of the old 6 team era
      > when there were a ton of independent minor pro teams.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic