47575Re: Free Stanley!

  • dgour2000
    Mar 1 9:46 AM
      Heh, i was maybe one of the supporters of 'freeing' Stanley,
      but as things move forward i'm not so sure!

      What we are hearing is Adrienne Clarkson saying the Cup should be
      played for by the Women's National teams, people sending in
      faxes and mails to the Hockey Hall of Fame where they can
      enter their team for a challenge. Give me a break.

      What's more insulting to our great sport... having those idiots
      cancel a full season (or more) or let "Joe's Welding Supplies"
      win the Cup against "Fred's 24 Hour Oil Change Garage".

      If the Stanley Cup was contested this year by the best professional
      teams in North America and Europe, i would have no problem with that.
      Whether that be the Binghamton Senators or Manitoba Moose, or
      Lada Togliatti or Helsinki.
      The best club team in the world would play for the Cup, as it
      should be. With the NHL out, the rest should get that chance.

      But don't tarnish the names on the Cup with Joe's Welding beer
      leaguers.

      --denis

      The Hockey Almamac
      http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Dugout/4128/

      GOHL Fantasy Hockey League
      http://www.dgour.webcentre.ca/GOHL/

      --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, Forever Nineteen Forty
      <forever1940@y...> wrote:
      > <<Die-Hard Hockey Fans
      > Try a Legal Gambit
      > To Save Stanley Cup
      > With NHL Season Canceled,
      > Canadian Group Thinks
      > Trust May Have Answer
      > By RACHEL EMMA SILVERMAN
      > Staff Reporter of THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
      > March 1, 2005; Page A1
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic