46566RE: [hockhist] Re: return of Whitby Dunlops

    Oct 1, 2004
      I recognize some having seen them here or there. Interesting stuff!

      -----Original Message-----
      From: goaliedave [mailto:goaliedave@...]
      Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 12:55 AM
      To: hockhist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [hockhist] Re: return of Whitby Dunlops

      Bill,
      Sorry to take so long replying to your query of who plays for the new
      Whitby Dunlops...

      Here is a link to a story in the local paper...
      http://www.durhamregion.com/dr/sports/story/2240414p-2596464c.html

      Roster:
      Goal
      Ken Shepard (starred for Oshawa Generals Major Junior) and Joel
      Whitmarsh
      (young ex-junior A goalie)

      D:
      Jim Luciuk, Mike Van Volsen, Brent Chandler, Brian heard, Derek Young,
      Matt
      Cardwell

      F:
      Peter McKellar ( great player, 29, played some minor pro), Ron Baker,
      ScottMCrory (starred with Oshawa Generals), Matt Armstrong, Ian Martin,
      Scott Jones, Darryl Whitlock, Jay Cannings, Joe Van Volsen, Justin
      Cardwell.

      Involved in the team management are Steve Cardwell (former NHLer) and
      Mr.
      Van Volsen... although I'm not insinuating that;s the only reason they
      each
      have 2 kids on the team :)

      Maybe you'll recognize a name or two? They outlined each guy's past
      hockey
      experience in the intros, most had played some minor or Euro pro. Mostly
      in
      their 20s. They don't get paid, but get free icetime and travel. Games
      are
      on weekends. Home games in Whitby are Saturday nights in our 6 pad
      complex,
      they had lots of walk-in fans from the other pads which they weren't
      expecting.

      It is senior hockey... no holds barred, penalties only if you kill a guy
      or
      he is on a break away. It'll take some getting used to but we'll go
      sometimes. At $8 a ticket it's minor pro prices so its not cheap.

      Dave in Whitby

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic