43943Re: [hockhist] Lasts goaltenders to wear a masks

  • Dana Shima
    Mar 1, 2004
      From: "Martin Poitras" <martin@...>
      To: <hockhist@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 6:55 PM
      Subject: [hockhist] Lasts goaltenders to wear a masks

      > Hi guys
      >
      > I know that Andy Brown was the last goaltender to play in the NHL without
      > mask on April 7, 1974, but who were the other last goaltenders to adopt
      the
      > masks or retire without ever wearing one prior to Andy ?
      >
      > Martin

      Bobby Perreault was still maskless as of the 73-74 season according to the
      LA Herald Examiner (and would have played a game when called up to the last
      season's Sharks had he not gotten injured.)

      Dana

      PS
      A belated thanks to Dave S for the research on Saltair. I am always curious
      how hockey and ice skating in general started in non traditional areas.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic