41674Re: Question to Authors

    Nov 4, 2003
      When you subscribe to a number of e-lists, it's funny how topics can
      sometimes be picked up in parallel to one another. A copyeditors' forum I
      belong to has just begun a thread about permissions.

      Hard as it might be to believe, Hockhist members are a bit better informed
      than a group of the people who deal with this stuff for a living.

      I think one of the reasons you don't hear about more infringement cases in
      book publishing is because so few people do know the law. (As opposed to the
      music business, where there's so much more money flying around that they
      seem to be able to afford more and better lawyers.)

      -- Lloyd, who is currently puzzling over whether to keep Alyn McCauley on
      his rotisserie roster or, like a savvy stock-market investor, drop him and
      take the profits generated by his recent hat trick

      --
      Lloyd Davis Publishing Services
      304-115 Danforth Ave., Toronto, ON M4K 1N2