41652Re: Question to Authors

  • Dave HTL
    Nov 2, 2003
      --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com,
      > John Serrati wrote:
      > "To the best of my knowledge, Canadian & American law states that
      you may quote up to 10 percent of another person's work without
      having to seek permission from them or their publisher."

      I suspect Lloyd is right, and it reminds me of a similar widespread
      misconception about part time businesses... folks often think that
      since they are not making much money at something, or spending much
      time doing something, say writing a hockey column in the media or
      selling hockey cards or memorabilia, that it is ok not to declare it
      on your income tax return. Innocence of the law is no excuse! Craig
      if you are pursuing this you should use a lawyer.
      Dave in Whitby
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic