38314Re: [hockhist] youngest players in NHL

  • George Lloyd
    Mar 1, 2003
      I've never been a fan of Total Hockey because of all the mistakes made
      in it.

      In some of my older Hockey Registers put out by Sporting news, the
      birth dates are as follows:

      Tom Williams 2-7-51
      Dave Kryskow 12-25-1951
      Dave Hrechkosy 11-1-1951

      George

      --- "bchaikin1 <bchaikin@...>" <bchaikin@...>
      wrote:

      > going thru total hockey (1998 ed) i noticed the vast majority of
      > players who made NHL debuts at age 17 or younger occurred during WWII
      >
      > (understandably). but a few other players, based on their birthdates
      > listed in total hockey, also made very early debuts....
      >
      > total hockey lists tom c. williams of the 71-72 new york rangers as
      > having a b-day of 2-7-1957, which would mean he would have been all
      > of 14 years old when he made his nhl debut. anyone know if this is
      > true (or if it's a total hockey incorrect b-day date)? if so was this
      >
      > a big deal at the time that a 14 year old was playing in the nhl?...
      >
      > also dave kryskow made his nhl debut for the 72-73 chicago
      > blackhawks. his total hockey b-day is listed as 12-25-1957, which
      > would mean he was 15 years old at the time. anyone know if this is
      > true and again if it was a big deal at the time?...
      >
      > plus dave hrechkosy of the 73-74 california golden seals (b-day lised
      >
      > as 11-01-1957) and chris speyer of the 23-24 toonto st.patricks (b-
      > day listed as 2-6-1907) would have both been 16 years old. true?...
      >
      > thanks for any help...
      >
      > bob chaikin
      > bchaikin@...

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/