38049Re: [hockhist] Re: Canadian Billionaire Confirms Interest in Ottawa Senators

    Feb 1, 2003
      on 1/31/03 7:48 PM, francz at francz39@... wrote:

      > So, what happens to the Firestone
      > legacy, the burden of debt saddling the Sens? I can't
      > imagine one of the conditions of purchase is that
      > Melnyk will generously assume all those liabilities.

      I would suspect not. Especially since the Bryden/Peltz bid seems to leave
      creditors out in the cold.

      If I were a supplier to the Senators, however, I'd have a lot more
      confidence in maintaining them as I client with Melnyk --- or anyone but
      Bryden --- in the driver's seat.

      --
      Lloyd Davis
      Lloyd Davis Publishing Services