37761Re: Russian Hockey Boom (non-USSR players in Russia)

  • arch4web <arch4web@yahoo.com>
    Jan 1, 2003
      Hi hockhist people:

      I don't know if it's of any interest to the list members (it's not
      really a history topic) but here are the stats of the non former USSR
      players in the Russian Super League at the time of the Izvestia Cup
      break in the League tournament.

      Please note in some cases I might have missed some players because
      the list is based on a personal judgement of whether the last name of
      the players don't look of a Russian origin.

      ----- Goaltenders:
      [Name, Team GP-MIN-GA-SO-GAA]

      Alex Westlund, Amur 30-1713-56-5-1,96
      Mike Fountain, Lada 9- 411-16-1-2,33
      Jeff Mond, Metallurg Mg 3- 180-11-0-3,66
      Marcel Cousineau, Severstal 20-1200-33-4-1,65
      Cristian Bronsard, Sibir 23-1392-55-0-2,37
      Steve Plouffe, Spartak 26-1580-77-2-2,93
      Dusan Salficky, CSKA 23-1303-50-3-2,30

      ----- Defensemen and Forwards:

      [Name, Position GP-G-A-P-PIM]

      - AK Bars

      J. Benda, F 30- 8-16-14-32

      - Amur Khabarovsk

      D. MacIsaack, D 22- 1- 2- 3-34
      J. McCarthy, D 4- 0- 0- 0-2
      C. Wells, F 7- 0- 2- 2-12

      - Avangard Omsk

      J. Slegr, D 3- 1- 1- 2- 8
      T. Vlasak, F 27-10-15-25-30
      P. Patera, F 30- 6-19-25-40
      M. Prohaska, F 23- 7- 4-11-10

      - Dynamo Moscow

      O. Soutokorva, D 24- 0- 1- 1-12

      - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

      M. Strbak, D 27- 0- 6- 6-30
      K. Rahunek, D 9- 3- 0- 3- 8
      J.Peterek, F 28- 7- 8-15-10

      - Lada Togliatti
      L.Cerny 30- 3- 4- 7-26

      - Neftekhimik

      R. Sehny, F 9- 3- 0- 3- 6

      I also found out about interesting news from AK Bars. They just got
      Jiri Hudler, 18-year old Czech prospect. I have no idea what
      the "price tag" was but it is really a new trend because most of the
      non-USSR players in the Russian elite league are rather past their
      prime time in playing hockey or close to that and, most definitely,
      not juniors.

      Just some non-historical OT,

      ___ Arthur Chidlovski _____________
      1972 USSR vs. Canada Summit Series