      From: ottos_place [mailto:rlmatic@...]
      Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 9:05 AM
      To: hockhist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [hockhist] Re: Off ice official causes tie

      On Saturday Night the London Knights & Plymouth Whalers played to a 2-
      2 tie in Plymouth. In the overtime the Plymouth goalies was given a 2
      minute delay of game penalty for intentionally moving the net off
      it's moorings. The OHL rulebook calls for a penalty shot to be
      awarded when a team gets a delay of game penalty in overtime. The
      Knights protested the tie at the end of the game (OHL gives 1 point
      for an OT loss like the NHL) Interesting thing though , if the
      Knights win the protest what would happen? The teams play only once
      more this season & that game is in London (Saturday's game was in
      Plymouth)

      Has it ever happened when part of a game has been replayed when the
      two teams were not scheduled to meet for the rest of the season?

      Rob Matic