202Re: Beauce

  • Benoit Gagnon
    Jan 12, 1999
      Marc Foster wrote:

      > From: "Marc Foster" <mdfoster@...>
      >
      > >From: "Ralph Slate" <slater@...>
      >
      > >Does anyone know where the Beauce Jaros of the NAHL played? I don't
      > >think that Beauce is the actual name of the town, I think it refers
      > >to a region. I know the rink name was the Palias de Sports, but I'm
      > >just not sure of the town.
      >
      > If you look at a map of Quebec, about an hour southeast of Quebec
      > City on HWY 73 one runs across a series of towns with Beauce in
      > the placename. There's St.-Joesph-de-Beauce, then Beauceville,
      > then finally, St.-Georges, which has Beauce listed in parenthesis
      > beneath it. My guess is the Jaros played along in here somewhere.
      >
      > Marc - stand back, I got a geography degree and I ain't afraid to
      > use it... :)

      Hi everyone,
      i'm on the list from few days, but it's my first post.

      So, for answering your question, the Jaros played in Palais des Sports at
      St.-Georges-de-Beauce.

      I'm working actually working on a tribute website for them.
      (http://www3.sympatico.ca/h.gagnon/BeauceJaros/index.htm)

      Benoit Gagnon
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic