19451Re: [hockhist] GOSSIP

  • Jeff Cos
    Jan 1, 2001
      But didn't those rumours about "Wendy" Clark all begin simply because he
      lived at the same address as Toller Cranston?? (rented a room or
      something).....talk about homophobia! I suppose some sports reporters
      thought they were doing him a "favour" by not writing about who he lived
      with.....Stephane Richer, oddly enough, went through the same thing in
      Montreal at about the same time, but I have no idea how those started
      there....

      bearcats wrote:

      > There was that ugly incident in St. Louis with Doug Gilmour and a
      > babysitter. The next thing you know, he's learning how to rope cattle in
      > Calgary.
      >
      > And there's plenty of rumours about Wendell that I don't want to touch.
      >
      > As for the Kordic troubles, they were well documented before his death. I
      > remember watching a CBC report about Kordic when he was in Quebec. He and
      > Bryan Marchment, another of the NHL's problem children, were rooming
      > together. Both admitted alcoholics said they roomed to look after each
      > other. How ironic.
      >

      > This has been a Hockey History List mailing
      > The Official mailing list of the Hockey Research Association (HRA)
      > <A HREF=http://www.hockeyresearch.com/>Our Homepage</A>
      > To unsubscribe from this mail list, send a blank message
      > to hockhist-unsubscribe@onelist.com
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic