1493Re: Canada vs America

  • Bill Underwood
    May 30, 1999

      One other point, 14 year olds weren't really signed by the NHL. Their rights were picked up by
      the myriad of agreements. This is not totally unlike the teenage phenoms that were signed in
      baseball during the same era in the US. At the time, the US public tought that this was great! It
      was our great sponsorship system, in fact my grandfather was one of them, and never saw a day
      outside of low minor semi pro ball! So the cultural statement goes for both sides iof the border.
      What about the mere children buried in the Yankee and Cardinal systems of the day. Canadians
      weree no more inscrupulous than us! They just diod it more with pucks than baseballs!

      Bill Underwood