Florida Panthers report for December 1, 2005

  • Manatees Hockey
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005
      Washington Capitals (8-14-2) at Florida Panthers
      (7-14-4)

      When: 7:00 p.m. Thursday, December 1st
      Where: BankAtlantic Center
      TV: FSN
      Radio: WQAM 560 AM; ESPN 760 AM (WPB)
      Web site: www.floridapanthers.com

      This game was rescheduled from Oct. 29 because of
      Hurricane Wilma. Fans can use their tickets from that
      game for entry tonight.

      The Panthers, who've lost 14 of their last 15 games,
      are tied with the Capitals for fewest points in the
      Eastern Conference (18). The Capitals have one game in
      hand on the Panthers.

      The Cats won the teams' only previous matchup this
      season 3-2 on Oct. 20.

      Newly acquired defenseman Alexei Semenov is expected
      to play his first game for the Panthers tonight.

      Likely Goaltending:
      Washington: Olaf Kolzig, 7-9-2, GAA 3.48, SV% 0.899
      Florida: Roberto Luongo, 7-12-4, GAA 3.15, SV% .0911

      Special Teams:
      Washington: Powerplay, 12.0%, 29th. Penalty killing,
      80.1%, 24th.
      Florida: Powerplay, 12.7%, 28th. Penalty killing,
      79.8%, 26th.

      Injuries:
      Washington - Right wings Steven Peat (upper body) and
      Dainus Zubrus (groin) and left wing Jeff Friesen
      (groin) are day-to-day.
      Florida - Right wing Nathan Horton (knee) is sidelined
      for about two more weeks. Center Anthony Stewart
      (wrist) is expected to be sidelined until mid January.
      Defenseman Branislav Mezei (knee) is expected to miss
      the remainder of the season.

      Road/Home Records:
      Washington - 2-9-1 on the road;
      Florida - 5-5-1 at home.

      Things to watch out for:

      ALEXANDER OVECHKIN - Capital rookie *
      http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/hockey/13298033.htm

      "It's not up to me, and I'm here right now so we'll
      see what happens. There's no point to [be
      disappointed]. If you are put on waivers, I don't see
      how [I] have a future here anyway." ~ Kristian
      Huselius

      Huselius doesn't see future with Panthers *
      http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/hockey/13298034.htm

      Huselius' future with Panthers is uncertain *
      http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/hockey/panthers/sfl-panther01dec01,0,287773.story?coll=sfla-sports-panthers

      Other 29 teams pass on Huselius
      http://www.palmbeachpost.com/panthers/content/sports/epaper/2005/12/01/a5c_panthnotes_1201.html

      "The new NHL, that's what's going on. They wanted the
      scoring to go up, so it is. That's it." ~ Roberto
      Luongo, who is still living in Egypt it would seem.

      Someone tell Hasek the scoring is supposed to go up.
      He evidently didn't get the memo.

      Luongo adjusting to new mentor *
      Goalie coach is more than just a shoulder to cry on
      for Panthers star.
      http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/hockey/panthers/sfl-luongo01dec01,0,1680200.story?coll=sfla-sports-panthers

      "With a year off, the fans deserve a lot better than
      what they've been getting." ~ Olli Jokinen

      Panthers' plans never seem to work
      http://www.palmbeachpost.com/panthers/content/sports/epaper/2005/12/01/a1c_PBP_STODA_1201.html

      ====================
      Americans
      ====================

      Tonight the Cleveland Barons and San Antonio Rampage
      will hit the ice for the 30,000th regular-season game
      in American Hockey League history. Face-off at the SBC
      Center in San Antonio is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. (CT).

      "There were problems in San Antonio. It wasn't all
      just on the Panthers end."

      Next Game: Rochester Americans (12-9-0) at Manitoba
      Moose (15-7-1)
      When: Friday, December 2, 2005 8:30 PM
      TV: B2 Networks
      Radio: WHTK 1280 AM
      Web site: www.amerks.com (includes link to B2 Networks
      $6 web cast).

      ====================
      Everblades
      ====================

      Who: Gwinett Gladiators (8-3-2) at Florida Everblades
      (9-6-0)
      When: 7:30 p.m. Friday Dec. 2
      Where: Germain Arena
      TV: B2 Network
      Radio: Sportsradio 770AM
      Web site: www.floridaeverblades.com

      "That's kind of old news. Nothing has happened with
      that for several months now. It became news again for
      no real reason." ~ Everblades General Manager Craig
      Brush

      Owner pulls Blades off the market
      Deal with Brooks Group never gets done
      http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051201/SPORTS/512010420/1010

      Kevin Lavallee has been sent to the Charlotte Checkers
      to complete the November 7 trade between the clubs
      that brought forward Phil Aucoin to Florida.

      Freewheeling Blades make another trade *
      http://www.naplesnews.com/npdn/sp_everblades/article/0,2071,NPDN_14992_4280123,00.html

      * Requires FREE online registration to view, or visit www.bugmenot.com

      SW Florida Panther

      RaTs! -- A Florida Panther Fan's Website
      Where it's always hockey night in South Florida!
      http://pantherland.tripod.com/

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs