Re: Wayne Gretzky = The Great One

  • annanlyssa
    Message 1 of 4380 , Mar 1, 2002
      >>If the Olympics had gone, well, anyway other than the way they
      went I may have been able to get over the things he said.<<

      I apologize if you misunderstood what I meant by this particular
      comment. I was not referring to Canada's win. Canada played an
      excellent game and deserved to win. What I was referring to was the
      petty squabbling, silly comments and all around attitude of the Salt
      Lake games (mainly, of course the Russians wanting a gold medal for
      SLutskaya, the Lithuianians whining about drug testing, the Koreans
      bemoaning disqualification, etc.). These games we even less about
      sport than any other save maybe the 1932 Berlin games.
      Canada's roster includes many of my favorite players. I was certain
      Canada would win and they did. Congratulations on your victory.
      As for US I can honestly say that I didn't even expect the US to
      medal much less bring home silver. When it came to the US the only
      thing I was hoping is that the wouldn't pull another Nagano when they
      fell on their face this time. I am immensely proud of what the US
      accomplished there. I wouldn't trade what happened for Philly to win
      the Cup this season. Personally any team that trashes their hotel
      room after loss doesn't deserve to win the next time around. Talk
      about Crime and Punishment.
    • ansonssmak
      Message 4380 of 4380 , Nov 1, 2006
        --- In hockeyroom@yahoogroups.com, CZinTX wrote:

        > I was invited to this club and would just like to thank the one who
        did the inviting. This club looks like it rocks. Lets Go Stars!!!!

        Hello, my name is Anson, I am from Hong Kong.
        Just want to say hi to you all.
        My favourite team is the Edmonton Oilers. I also like Winnipeg Jets,
        but... they are gone already