Lindros out till at least Saturday

  • stars_flyers
    Message 1 of 4380 , Jan 2 2:13 PM
      The New York Rangers have placed Eric Lindros on
      injured reserve retroactive to last Friday because of a
      minor concussion, meaning he cannot play until
      Saturday's game against the Penguins, ESPN.com Insider Brian
      Shactman reports.<br><br>Lindros acknowledged Monday that
      he had suffered his seventh concussion in less than
      four years Friday in San Jose but said this one is
      "real mild." The Rangers finally acknowledged Wednesday
      that the injury indeed is a concussion.<br><br>Lindros
      met Tuesday night with Dr. Karen Johnston in
      Edmonton, where the Rangers play Wednesday. Johnston is the
      neurologist who had examined Lindros immediately prior to
      completion of the Aug. 20 trade that brought him to New York
      and who cleared his return to the league.<br><br>The
      Rangers center, who absorbed two hard hits against the
      Sharks before leaving with headaches, sat out Monday
      night's game against Phoenix and also missed Saturday's
      game in Los Angeles.<br><br>The Rangers have said
      Lindros was progressing well after suffering the injury.
      The Rangers play at Colorado on Thursday before
      meeting the Penguins in Pittsburgh on
      Saturday.<br><br>Lindros said earlier this week he was sure he had a
      concussion because of the way he felt and added he was
      "upset" when the recognizable signs showed
      up.<br><br>"The way you feel inside, the way things feel off," he
      said. "But things have been off much worse than in San
      Jose. It was real mild."<br><br>Defenseman Brian Leetch
      and captain Mark Messier believed Lindros'
      self-diagnosis.<br><br>"He'll be fine," Messier said. "Injuries happen through
      82 games, and this is one that we just have to
      forget and concentrate on the game. When you have the
      best player in the game, leading scorer in the league,
      it certainly affects you, but you just pick up the
      time," Leetch said. "He's feeling good, and we're just
      being cautious, making sure that he's good to go and
      feels good for a couple of days."<br><br>Lindros,
      selected for his third Canadian Olympic team on Dec. 15,
      had two hard collisions in the first four minutes
      Friday, and has not played since.<br><br>Lindros had six
      concussions in his last 27 months with the Philadelphia
      Flyers, who traded him to the Rangers in August. The deal
      involved the Flyers giving up a first-round draft pick in
      2003 if Lindros sustains a head injury in the first 50
      games this season and is sidelined for at least a year
      from the date of injury.<br><br>His last concussion
      came in the 2000 playoffs. The 28-year-old Lindros sat
      out all of last season because of post-concussion
      syndrome and a contract squabble with the
    • ansonssmak
      Message 4380 of 4380 , Nov 1, 2006
        --- In hockeyroom@yahoogroups.com, CZinTX wrote:

        > I was invited to this club and would just like to thank the one who
        did the inviting. This club looks like it rocks. Lets Go Stars!!!!

        Hello, my name is Anson, I am from Hong Kong.
        Just want to say hi to you all.
        My favourite team is the Edmonton Oilers. I also like Winnipeg Jets,
        but... they are gone already