News

  • stars_flyers
    Message 1 of 4380 , Dec 2, 2001
      Donald Audette's season is in jeopardy after the
      Montreal Canadiens forward suffered a deep gash in his
      left forearm in the third period of Saturday night's
      3-1 loss to the New York Rangers in
      Montreal.<br><br>Audette was rushed to hospital after he was slashed while
      attempting to stop a breakaway by Rangers left-winger Radek
      Dvorak. Audette underwent surgery at Montreal General
      Hospital on Saturday night, to repair damage to the
      extensor tendons of his wrist and hand. He'll remain in
      hospital until Monday, and will be out indefinitely, the
      NHL club announced on Sunday.<br><br>The Canadiens
      also announced that forward Jan Bullis is out
      indefinitely after suffering a contusion to his right thigh,
      the result of a knee-on-knee collision with Tomas
      have fired head coach Duane Sutter as well as
      president and general manager Bill Torrey, replacing them
      with Mike Keenan and assistant GM Chuck Fletcher.
      of 6-15-2-3, just a point out of the basement in the
      Eastern Conference and the entire league. The team is
      currently on a four-game losing skid. <br><br>Most recently
      an analyst on the NHL Network, Keenan's last head
      coaching position in the NHL was with the Boston Bruins
      last season. The Panthers are Keenan's seventh NHL
      team having previous stints with the Philadelphia
      Flyers, Chicago Blackhawks, New York Rangers, Vancouver
      Canucks and St. Louis Blues. <br><br>He won the Stanley
      Cup with the New York Rangers in 1994, bringing the
      Rangers their first championship in 54 years. He also won
      the Jack Adams Award as the league's top coach in
      1984-85 with Philadelphia and coached in three NHL
      All-Star Games. <br><br>Duane Sutter, who became the head
      coach less than a year ago, was saddled with the loss
      of Valeri Bure, who went down with a knee injury
      early in the season and has yet to return to the
      lineup. Last week, Pavel Bure was sidelined with a
      concussion, leaving a large percentage of the offence in the
      medical room. <br><br>Bill Torrey was in his ninth season
      as president of the Panthers, having taken over the
      general manager's duties midway through last season.
      Torrey, who has been with the organization since its
      inception, was a big part of building the New York Islanders
      dynasty in the early 1980s. <br><br>Fletcher, son of
      Phoenix Coyotes senior executive vice president Cliff
      Fletcher, has been with the Panthers organization for eight
    • ansonssmak
      Message 4380 of 4380 , Nov 1, 2006
        --- In hockeyroom@yahoogroups.com, CZinTX wrote:

        > I was invited to this club and would just like to thank the one who
        did the inviting. This club looks like it rocks. Lets Go Stars!!!!

        Hello, my name is Anson, I am from Hong Kong.
        Just want to say hi to you all.
        My favourite team is the Edmonton Oilers. I also like Winnipeg Jets,
        but... they are gone already