Hasek traded to Red Wings

  • stars_flyers
    Message 1 of 4380 , Jul 1, 2001
      -- Dominik Hasek was traded by the Buffalo Sabres
      to the Detroit Red Wings late Saturday night for
      left wing Vyacheslav Kozlov, a 2002 first-round draft
      choice and future considerations.<br><br>Sabres
      spokesman Michael Gilbert announced the trade of the
      six-time Vezina Trophy winner just before 1:30 a.m. ET
      Sunday, adding the team would have no further comment
      the end of Saturday to pick up Hasek's one-year, $9
      million option, trade him or lose him to unrestricted
      before the midnight deadline on the contract option. It
      was not immediately known if the Sabres or Red Wings
      picked up Hasek's option or whether Detroit restructured
      Winter declined to comment immediately, saying he was
      move was made a week after Buffalo settled another
      roster problem, trading former captain Michael Peca to
      the New York Islanders. Peca sat out all of last
      season after failing to negotiate a
      the 10th largest contract in the league according to
      announcement ends almost two months of speculation involving
      Hasek, who said he wants to play for at least one more
      year -- but only with a contending
      said part of his decision to remain in the NHL is to
      gear up for the Winter Olympics next year to help the
      Czech Republic defend its 1998 gold-medal
      victory.<br><br>Kozlov just completed his eighth season with Detroit. He
      had only 20 goals and 38 points in 72 games, but had
      a team-high four goals in the Red Wings' surprising
      first-round playoff defeat against Los Angeles.<br><br>By
      acquiring Hasek, it's not clear what the Red Wings will do
      with their starting goalie Chris
      Biron and Mika Noronen, who are ready to step into
      who appeared in just 18 games last season, filled in
      admirably in the 1999-2000 campaign, when Hasek missed
      almost half the season with a groin
      Hasek bounced back to have a stellar
      Hasek finished with a 37-26-4 record, matching a career
      with a 2.11 goals-against average and led the league
      with 11 shutouts and was rewarded with his sixth
      Vezina Trophy as the NHL's top goalie, one short of the
      record set by Jacques Plante.<br><br>In nine seasons
      with the Sabres, Hasek, who led Buffalo to the 1999
      Stanley Cup finals, also won the Hart Trophy in 1997 and
      1998 as NHL most valuable player. He was acquired on
      Aug. 7, 1992, in a trade with the Chicago Blackhawks
      -- the team Hasek spent his first two NHL
      that Dave Andreychuk's days might be over in Buffalo,
      while Rob Ray will likely return to the team, according
      to agent Roland Thompson, who represents both
      wouldn't pick up Andreychuk's $1.1 million one-year option
      by the midnight deadline, allowing him to become an
      career penalty minutes leader, Thompson said a deal was
      in the works.<br><br>The Sabres, who last week
      retained the rights to 12 players, also faced losing four
      other unsigned players to unrestricted free agency,
      including late-season acquisitions Steve Heinze and Donald
    • ansonssmak
      Message 4380 of 4380 , Nov 1, 2006
        --- In hockeyroom@yahoogroups.com, CZinTX wrote:

        > I was invited to this club and would just like to thank the one who
        did the inviting. This club looks like it rocks. Lets Go Stars!!!!

        Hello, my name is Anson, I am from Hong Kong.
        Just want to say hi to you all.
        My favourite team is the Edmonton Oilers. I also like Winnipeg Jets,
        but... they are gone already