Jagr upset with Lemieux's comments

  • stars_flyers
    Message 1 of 4380 , May 1, 2001
      Penguins right winger Jaromir Jagr said Tuesday
      that he plans to play Wednesday night in Game 4
      against the Sabres after missing the last two
      games.<br><br>Jagr also revealed he is suffering from a strained
      right shoulder. The Penguins had said only that Jagr
      has a charley horse, a bruised muscle that is
      bleeding. Jagr also said last week he has a sore
      groin.<br><br>The Penguins' captain said he was bothered by Mario
      Lemieux's comments before the Buffalo series that Jagr
      would have to play better than in the first-round of
      the playoffs.<br><br>Jagr also said that talk of a
      trade this coming offseason had become a distraction.
      And he said it bothered him that the crowd in
      Pittsburgh cheered Monday night before Game 3 when it was
      announced that he was a scratch.<br><br>The team's captain
      said he hopes he'll be healthy enough to play in Game
      4 on Wednesday but that it's out of his
      control.<br><br>Jagr skated for about an hour and said he is feeling a
      lot better than he did Monday.<br><br>"The doctors
      and trainers are going to have to do something before
      the game, give me some painkillers or numb it before
      the game. But I want to play," he said.<br><br>"If
      I'm ready to play, I'm going to play no matter what.
      But if I had gone out there yesterday (Monday), I
      wouldn't have helped this team."<br><br>There has been
      some criticism of Jagr for sitting out the past two
      Eastern Conference semifinal games, but he says he'd be
      playing if he could.<br><br>Jagr's dramatic return from a
      groin injury in the 1999 playoffs was one of the
      biggest reasons for a seven-game upset of top-seeded New
      Jersey.<br><br>He said this latest injury is only four days old and
      he had 10 days to recover in 1999.<br><br>The
      Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported it was Jagr's decision to
      come clean about his injury, even though it is common
      practice for teams to deceive in such matters during the
      playoffs. <br><br>"Everybody knows, probably," he told the
      newspaper. "If I say I cannot shoot, do you think it's my
      charley horse? I would be able to shoot with my leg."
    • ansonssmak
      Message 4380 of 4380 , Nov 1, 2006
        --- In hockeyroom@yahoogroups.com, CZinTX wrote:

        > I was invited to this club and would just like to thank the one who
        did the inviting. This club looks like it rocks. Lets Go Stars!!!!

        Hello, my name is Anson, I am from Hong Kong.
        Just want to say hi to you all.
        My favourite team is the Edmonton Oilers. I also like Winnipeg Jets,
        but... they are gone already