Thrashers sign Heatley

  • stars_flyers
    Message 1 of 4380 , Apr 3, 2001
      Atlanta Thrashers signed their first-round draft pick,
      University of Wisconsin forward Dany Heatley, to a
      three-year contract Tuesday.<br><br>Heatley, a 6-foot-2,
      210-pound sophomore who led Wisconsin with 24 goals and 33
      assists in 36 games, was the second overall pick in the
      NHL entry draft last summer.<br><br>Terms of the deal
      were not announced, but The Atlanta
      Journal-Constitution reported it was for $1.075 million per season �
      the maximum allowed under the collective bargaining
      agreement for a 2000 draft pick � plus bonuses of as much
      as $7 million.<br><br>A native of Calgary, Alberta,
      Heatley is a finalist for the Hobey Baker Award as the
      top U.S. college hockey player. The winner will be
      announced Friday.<br><br>Heatley, 20, is scheduled to
      practice with the Thrashers for the remainder of the
      season but will not play.<br><br>A right wing who can
      play all three forward positions, Heatley led the
      University of Wisconsin in all offensive categories and
      placed 10th overall in NCAA Division I scoring with 57
      points. He had 24 goals and 33 assists and added 11
      points in five postseason contests. <br><br>"Dany is a
      gifted offensive player who is ready to take the next
      step in a promising career," Thrashers general manager
      Don Waddell said. "He has the potential to be a
      high-caliber player in the NHL and his development will be
      greatly enhanced by the valuable experience he gains with
      us at the end of this season." <br><br>Heatley had
      52 goals and 61 assists in 77 games over two seasons
      at Wisconsin. <br><br>Described as a "scoring
      machine" by Badgers coach Jeff Sauer, Heatley was born in
      Germany and raised in Calgary. He followed his father to
      Wisconsin and also will follow him into professional
      hockey. Murray Heatley had a decade-long career in the
    • ansonssmak
      Message 4380 of 4380 , Nov 1 12:28 AM
        --- In hockeyroom@yahoogroups.com, CZinTX wrote:

        > I was invited to this club and would just like to thank the one who
        did the inviting. This club looks like it rocks. Lets Go Stars!!!!

        Hello, my name is Anson, I am from Hong Kong.
        Just want to say hi to you all.
        My favourite team is the Edmonton Oilers. I also like Winnipeg Jets,
        but... they are gone already